• SF is open to male and female soldiers. However, before attending Special Forces Assessment and Selection, known as SFAS, soldiers must complete a physical assessment test that, as a minimum, includes 49 pushups, 59 situps, a 2-mile run of 15:12 minutes or less, and six pullups.
• Female soldiers must have a negative pregnancy test within 30 days before their report date to SFAS.
• Soldiers seeking entry into Special Forces must have a valid SF physical before attending SFAS. Additionally, candidates must be able to complete a physical demonstrating they are able to endure the speeds and stress associated with a high-altitude, low-opening parachute jump. If needed, soldiers must also undergo corrective eye surgery before attending the SF qualification course.
• The minimum General Technical score for Special Forces has been increased from 107 to 110, and the Army will not accept waivers.
• The maximum age for SFAS remains 36, and soldiers must have at least 36 months of obligated service remaining when they complete the SF qualification course.
Looking for the perfect Holiday gift or maybe just something to spoil yourself? Crate Club is the #1 men's subscription box containing some of the best tactical & survival gear in the nation. Every piece of gear is hand-picked and tested by a team of Special Operations veterans (talk about quality control!). Check it out and get yours at https://www.crateclub.us/